24.9.07

What a Weekend



These are the Girls that I live with... Sophia, Kelly, Carly, Me, Tisha

I cannot believe that I have been here for a little over a week now. Sometimes it feels way longer and sometimes it feels way shorter. While I miss home terribly I really am enjoying my time here. I am blessed to be working with amazing women. My housemates are amazing, and the Thai girls are amazing.

On Friday I worked in a room with Thai women making the bags that the jewelry is sent in. I made friends with two of them, Fon and Am. They are 21 and 20 ... and lots of fun to be around. Their english is very limited but their desire to learn is very strong. So I was not able to have a great conversation with them, but I was able to build a relationship with them through teaching them english. I am very excited to work with them again.

Friday night we did outreach in the bars again. It was a bit easier this week, i suppose because I knew what to expect. Almost right after we entered the bar a girl came up to Carly and started talking to her. A little while after that I started talking to a waitress. I couldnt hear her name over the loud music, but she was 22 and she had two children who lived in a village with her mother. She moved up here to make more money working in the bar. Praise God that she has only been there for a month. Hopefully I will be able to go back and speak with her again. Pray that I will have that opportunity.

On saturday we went out into a more rural area almost three hourss out of Bangkok. We went to the floating boat market. It was amazing. We went on a boat through the water and traveled from shop to shop. There were other boats in the water selling fruits and foods as well. Hopefully we will have time to go back again ... it was quite the culture shock.






On sunday I relaxed and prepared for the week that was ahead. We went to our first service in english. It was good to finally be able to understand what was being taught. But more than anything it made me miss Norco. After church we are MEXICAN food ( it was actually pretty good) and then we went home and rested for the rest of the day. I watched a movie last night called "if only" im pretty sure that it never made it to
theaters... but that didnt matter to me because I still cried like a baby.

Work went well today. I will write more about my week later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh sarah, your man's apartment is sweet. we had tea in honor of you and we sat around your flowers of the week and meditated. We did not really meditate, but i did read your scrap book. You are talented in that craft. It was sweet to read it and see my name in there. I will keep you in prayer and I will try to keep adrian company as much as possible.

Adrian Martinez said...

hey... i love reading about your trip. and i really like to see pictures too. praise God for the relationships that you and Carly are building with the women there.

and dont we have the best friend in the world... hey Jordan... we love you. thank you for introducing us.

Diane Karal Gillett said...

Hi Sarah : )

Thinking of you today and praying for you and carly and the rest of your friends there. Neat picture of you all on that boat... what an experience!!! ... you must be thinking about now.
Remember always.... It is His love that compels your soul to serve in this capacity today. His love is the only love that has the power to save and change a soul for all eternity ><>