19.9.07

Worth of Lives

Now that I have had a little more time to adjust I was thinking it would be a good time to post a blog. At the moment I am waiting in a salon with chemicals in my hair. Carly and I got massages the other day and while I was at the salon and I decided that I would have to come back soon to get a perm… why you ask? I have no idea. I hope I don’t regret this … I also hope that I still have hair in an hour. I will post pictures soon.



After work the other day Carly and I wen with Sophia... one of our Thai friends to the mall where we got cell phones... and shoes and McDonalds!

So anyways… My time here has been great so far. A little different than I thought that it would be, but it is getting better daily… no doubt because of prayer. So thank you to all who are remembering Carly and I as we are here … it seriously makes the hugest difference.



Last night we went and did outreach for our first time since we have been here. Outreach means that we go to the redlight district and try to become friends with the girls … who are prostitutes. It was a night that I will never forget. The girls there were so young, so bare, and so innocent. The men were old, foreign, and animals. The more I thought about the lack of respect the men had for the girls as human beings the more I cherished knowing the men that I know. I am so blessed to be able to know so many men who treat women as God’s own children. What they should be treated like. I did not have the chance to talk to any of the girls last night, but other workers did, so I would have to consider that a well spent evening. These girls and men are so lost. Pray that I will be able to understand where they are coming from, their thoughts, and reasons why they do what they do.

4 comments:

Diane Karal Gillett said...

Cant wait to see your new curls then... : ) We continue to keep you wrapped in prayer throughout the days you have spent getting adjusted to the culture of Thailand. John 8:12 gives the solution to these darkest of dark places there in Bangkok....
Then Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life."
This can be their only way out... their only way.

Adrian Martinez said...

wow. great post. i like your blog a lot. great pictures too... apparently mcdonalds look the same everywhere. im praying for you and them. i praise God for this opportunity to show the light and the God of hope and life. i am so proud of you and i miss you very much.

RobinDayle said...

Hey girl,
I miss being overseas with you. :-)
I'm praying for you and Carly...and I am so excited for the work you're doing there.

p.s. I wanna see hair pictures.

Anonymous said...

Sarah,

We miss you and Carly back here at Norco. I am surely proud of you and all of your work.

For His Glory - For Your Joy - For Their Peace

Dr. Mooney